What is in news : On recommendation of the syllabus committee, the “applied philosophy of Shri Ramcharitmanas” has been introduced as an elective (optional) course under the philosophy subject for first-year students of graduation (BA) from the academic session of 2021-22 in Madhya Pradesh
- Composed by : Bhakti poet Tulsidas.
- In 16th-century
- Literally means “Lake of the deeds of Rama”
- Consists of seven Kandas (i.e. parts or books)
- It Has been compared that the seven Kandas (literally “books” or “episodes”, cognate with cantos) of the epic to seven steps leading into the holy waters of a Himalayan lake (Lake Manasarovar) which “which purifies the body and the soul at once”.
- The core of the work is a poetic retelling of the events of the Sanskrit epic Ramayana, centered on the narrative of Rama, the crown prince of Ayodhya.
- The epic poem is sometimes also referred as Tulsikrit Ramayana