RBI NEW SCHEMES
buy Neurontin overnight delivery Prime Minister launched two customer-centric initiatives of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) — the RBI Retail Direct Scheme and the Integrated Ombudsman Scheme .
RBI Retail Direct Scheme
- Allows retail investors to buy and sell government securities (G-Sec) online
- Both in the primary and secondary markets
- By opening a gilt securities account with the RBI- Retail Direct Gilt (RDG) Account
- A retail investor can open the RDG account if they have following — a Rupee savings bank account maintained in India, PAN card, any official valid document such as Aadhaar, Voter ID for KYC purpose, a valid email ID and a registered mobile number.
- Participation and allotment of securities will be as per the non-competitive scheme.
- Only one bid per security is permitted.
- On submission of the bid, the total amount payable will be displayed
- Registered investors can access the secondary market transaction link on the online portal to buy or sell government securities through NDS-OM.
RBI Integrated Ombudsman Scheme
- Help in improving the grievance redress mechanism for resolving customer complaints against RBI’s regulated entities
- Based on “One Nation-One Ombudsman” with one portal, one email, and one address for the customers to lodge their complaints.
- Customers will be able to file complaints, submit documents, track status, and give feedback through a single email address. There will also be a multilingual toll-free number that will provide all relevant information on grievance redress.
- There will be a multilingual toll-free number that will provide all relevant information on grievance redress and assistance for filing complaints.
- The redressal will continue to be cost-free for customers of banks and members of the public.