Published on: November 13, 2021
WORLD PNEUMONIA DAY
World Pneumonia Day is observed on November 12 annually
- First established in the year 2009
- By – Global Coalition Against Child Pneumonia
- Significance –
- Raise awareness about the disease, its harmful affects, causes and how it can be prevented or treated.
- Reducing the deaths due to the fatal disease with the help of proactive and sustainable global efforts.
- Bring the life-threatening disease under public’s eye to collect more funds for research, to encourage organisations to step up while they fight against the disease, and to reduce fatality.