RELIEF AND REHABILITATION OF MIGRANTS AND REPATRIATES’ SCHEME
Under “Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates scheme”, Central Government has approved the proposal for continuation of seven existing sub schemes for the period 2021-22 to 2025-26.
Continues to reach beneficiaries through the Ministry of Home Affairs
Enables repatriates and migrants, who have suffered due to displacement, to earn a reasonable income as well as to facilitate their inclusion in mainstream economic activities.
WHICH ARE THE SCHEMES
- Relief and Rehabilitation of displaced families of Pakistan Occupied Areas in Jammu and Kashmir and Chhamb
- Relief assistance to Brus lodged in relief camps in Tripura
- Relief assistance to Sri Lankan Tamil refugees
- Enhanced relief to 1984 Anti-Sikh Riot Victims
- Financial Assistance and other facilities to the families of affected civilian victims in terrorist violence including insurgency, militancy, cross border firing, communal or Left-Wing Extremism violence and victims of mine or IED blasts on Indian Territory.
- Grants-in-aid to Central Tibetan Relief Committee (CTRC)