Published on: March 3, 2022
SNIPPETS – 3 MARCH 2022
- Maintenance amount awarded in favour of wife under the provisions of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, cannot be enhanced by a magistrate court by invoking the provision of the Code of Criminal Procedure (Cr.PC), which allows altering allowances awarded for maintenance of wife or children or parents of a person, said the High Court of Karnataka.
- The Indian FMCG industry witnessed a consumption slowdown in urban markets and degrowth in rural areas in 2021 due to higher which caused price rises, according to data analytics firm NielsenIQ. FMCG stands for Fast-moving consumer goods. Few examples include meat, vegetables, dairy products etc
- Central government to launch the electronic bill (e-Bill) processing system under the Digital India eco-system and ease of doing business
- World Wildlife Day is celebrated every year on the 3rd of March since 2013. UNGA resolution also designated the CITES Secretariat as the facilitator for the global observance of World Wildlife Day.
- The State of India’s Environment Report, 2022 of the Centre for Science and Environment was released recently. Kerala topped the list
- Invest4iDEX is an event that will be organized during the Defence Expo 2022. In this event, start-ups will be able to pitch their ideas in front of a live audience of reputable investors and venture capitalists.
- India’s indigenous INS Visakhapatnam was dedicated to the Visakhapatnam city formally
- The Zero Discrimination Day was first launched in December 2013, by Michel Sidibe who was the director of UNAIDS. It was first observed on March 1, 2014. UNAIDS led the way to ease the life of people living with HIV/AIDS who face discrimination because of their ailment. The theme for Zero Discrimination Day 2022 is ‘Remove Laws That Harm, Create Laws That Empower.’