SAHITYA ACADEMY AWARDS
http://thelittersitter.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://thelittersitter.com/schedule-services/ What is in news : Central Sahitya Akademi award for Nataraj Budalu, Srinath Perur from Karnataka
vehemently Details :
- Noted Kannada writer and cultural thinker S Nataraja Budalu has won the ‘Sahitya Akademi Prize for Translation 2020’. Nataraj’s work in Kannada ‘Sarahapada’—a translation of collections (works, philosophy and dohas)
- Srinath Perur has also won the award in the English section for his translation of the Kannada novel ‘Ghachar Ghochar’ by Vivek Shanbhag. This apart several Kannada works including the work of Dr Chandrashekhar Kambara’s ‘Shikhara Surya’ that was translated to other languages has been chosen for the award. While Dr Kambara’s work was translated to Malayalam as ‘Shikharasuryan’, Gopalakrishna Pai’s work ‘Swapna Saraswatha’ has been translated to Konkani.
CENTRAL SAHITYA ACADEMY AWARD
- Literary honour in India
- Conferred by Sahitya Akademi which is India’s National Academy of Letters
- Conferred to the most outstanding books of literary merit which is published in any 24 major Indian languages including Hindi, English and other 22 languages of the Eighth Schedule of Constitution
- Award includes a casket comprising of an engraved copper plaque, a shawl and amount of Rs 1,00,000.
- Books were selected following the recommendations made by a jury of three members of the concerned languages.