Sahitya Akademi Award
buy Seroquel us Why in news? Tamil author M. Rajendran, Telugu writer Madhuranthakam Narendra and Sanskrit poet Janardan Prasad Pandey ‘Mani’ are among the 23 authors who won the Sahitya Akademi awards for 2022
- Anuradha Roy has been selected for her English novel “All the lives we never lived”.
- Bhasha Samman : Udaya Nath Jha (classical and medieval literature in the eastern region).
- ‘Yuva Puraskar’ – Pawan Nalat for Mi Sandarbha Pokharatoy(Marathi)
- ‘ Bal Sahitya Puraskar’ – Ganesh Marandi for his Santali book Hapan Mai.
- Seventeen books have been selected for the translation awards which included Yaad Vashem(N. Nallathamb)i and Akupacha Kavithalu (Varala Anand).
- In Assamese language– Manoj Kumar Goswami for stories Bhool Satya.
- Gujarati-Gulam Mohammad Shaikh for Gher Jatan, (an autobiographical essays )
- Tamil : Rajendran for Kala Pani.
- Malayalam: Thomas Mathew for Ashaante Seethayanam(literary criticism)
Winners in other languages are:
- Maya Anil Kharangate (Konkani), Praveen Dashrath Bandekar (Marathi), Mr. Madhuranthakam Narendra (Telugu), Anis Ashfaq (Urdu), Veena Gupta (Dogri), Kamal Ranga (Rajasthani), K.B. Nepali (Nepali), Farooq Fayaz (Kashmiri) and Rashmi Choudhury (Bodo).
Sahitya Akademi award for Kannada
- Kannada writer Moodnakudu Chinnasway’s book Bahutvada Bharatha mattu Bouddha tatvikate has bagged Akademi award
- Journalist Padmaraj Dandavati ‘s Seetha : Ramayanada Sachitra Maru kathana got an award in the translation category.
About Sahitya Akademi Award
- Awarded for Literary works
- Sponsored by: Sahitya Akademi, Government of India
- First awarded: 1954
- Language: In any of the 22 languages of the 8th Schedule to the Indian constitution as well as in English and Rajasthani language.
- Award: a plaque and a cash prize of 1,00,000.
- Plaque awarded design: By Satyajit Ray.
- During the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965, the plaque was substituted with national savings bonds.
Sahitya Akademi Fellowships
- They form the highest honor the Akademi confers through a system of electing Fellows and Honorary Fellows.
- These special awards to writers for significant contribution to Indian languages other than the above 24 major ones and also for contributions to classical and medieval literature.
- Award: Plaque and a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000 (from 2009).
Sahitya Akademi Prize for Translation
- Instituted: V. Narasimha Rao.
- Akademi annually gives these awards for outstanding translations of major works in other languages into one of the 24 major Indian languages.
- Awards : Plaque and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000.