Published on: October 8, 2021
What is in news : The heaviest semi-cryogenic propellant tank (SC120-LOX) ever fabricated by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has been delivered to the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro).
- First developmental welded hardware — is a part of the SC120 stage intended for payload enhancement by replacing the L110 stage in the existing Mk-III launch vehicle.
- Last year, HAL had delivered the biggest-ever cryogenic liquid hydrogen tank (C32-LH2), which is four metres in diameter and eight metres in length, much ahead of contractual schedule.
- The HAL has delivered critical structures, tankage and satellite structures for the PSLV, GSLV-Mk II and GSLV-Mk III launch vehicles.
- Various new projects like PS2/GS2 integration, semi-cryo structure fabrication and manufacturing of cryo and semi-cryo engines are being taken up at the defence PSU for which installation and commissioning of unique infrastructures are nearing completion.
- The HAL has also supported Isro right from the developmental phase of Crew Module Atmospheric Re-entry Experiment, PAD Abort test for Crew Escape for Human Space Mission and is currently supplying hardware for full-fledged launch vehicle GSLV Mk-III for the prestigious Gaganyaan programme.