Published on: October 8, 2021
PM MITRA PARK
What is in news : Union Cabinet has given its approval, to set up seven PM MITRA parks, accomplishing the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to establish Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Full form – “Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel” parks
- Benefit unemployed with seven lakh direct jobs as well as 14 lakh indirect jobs.
- 10 states have shown their interest in establishing the PM MITRA parks
- Will be established at Greenfield or Brownfield sites at different states.
- Maximum Development Capital Support (DCS) of Rs 500 crore will be provided to Greenfield PM MITRA while Rs 200 Crore will be provided to Brownfield PM MITRA, in order to develop a Common Infrastructure.
- Motivated by PM Modi’s 5F vision of- “farm to fibre; fibre to factory; factory to fashion; and fashion to foreign”.