Published on: December 3, 2021
SMART CITIES MISSION
buy generic ivermectin The Centre has extended the timeline for the implementation of the Smart Cities Mission to June 2023. Reason cited being Pandemic
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Launched in 2015
- Developing citizen-friendly and self-sustainable urban settlements
- First Target – 100 cities being developed between January 2016 to June 2018
- Minimum of five years is given for a city to be completed
- Aims to focus on innovative digital technologies interlinked with its ‘Digital India’, providing technology solutions such as surveillance systems to reduce crime and improve safety of residents
- Projects related to e-governance, mobility, integrated traffic management and solid waste management have been envisaged.
- process starts with the formation of an implementing agency, a special purpose vehicle (SPV), promoted by the state/Union Territory and the urban local body, with a 50% equity shareholding each. The SPV, formed as a limited company, is governed by the Companies Act, 2013.
- With the Centre preparing a 60-point action plan MoHUA has also begun work to finalise its recommendation for providing Integrated Command and Control Centres (ICCCs) as a service to states and smaller cities