Published on: October 1, 2021
SNIPPETS – 1 OCTOBER 2021
SNIPPETS – 1 OCTOBER 2021
- Ministry of Labour and Employment launched DigiSaksham – a digital skills programme to enhance the employability of youth by imparting digital skills that are required in an increasingly technology driven era.It is a joint initiative with Microsoft India. Ministry of Social Justice launched Senior Able Citizens for Re Employment in Dignity (SACRED) Portal. It aims at providing employment to Senior citizens.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has extended the deadline till December 31 for NGOs to apply for renewal of their Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA) registration certificates.
- The monsoon is likely to begin withdrawing from the mainland from October 6, said the India Meteorological Department as the country recorded an average of nearly 87 cm of rainfall across subdivisions, just short of the nearly 88 cm it normally receives during the monsoon.
- India has extended support for protecting the Antarctic environment and for co-sponsoring the proposal of the European Union for designating East Antarctica and the Weddell Sea as Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) at a high-level ministerial meeting.An MPA is a protected area that provides protection for all or part of its natural resources. Certain activities within an MPA are limited or prohibited to meet specific conservation.It is designated by CCAMLR.Google Doodle celebrates SIVAJI GANESAN
- IFSCA, in its endeavour to develop the required eco-system has constituted an Expert Committee to recommend approach towards development of Sustainable Finance Hub and provide road map for the same. The expert committee is being chaired by Shri C.K. Mishra, Former Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change. The committee consists of leaders across the sustainable finance spectrum, including international agencies, standard setting bodies, funds, academia, and consultancies
- R. Sheikh assumed charge as first Director General of the Ordnance Directorate (Co-ordination and Services). It is the successor organization of Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).
- Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari took over as The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS)
- NITI Aayog released a performance assessment report of district hospitals in India, titled Best Practices in the Performance of District Hospitals. The report is an outcome of collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and WHO India. The National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers, a constituent board of the Quality Council of India, conducted the on-ground data validation.
- Najla Bouden Romdhane has become the first female prime minister of Tunisia