Published on: December 11, 2021
SNIPPETS – 11 DECEMBER 2021
- Biennial elections of 25 Karnataka Legislative Council seats from 20 Local Authorities’ Constituencies was recently conducted.
- South Western Railway (SWR), which was the first railway zone in the country to implement UTS mobile app ticketing (for other than suburban trains), has seen good response to the initiative and the application has slowly gained popularity.
- NITI Aayog in partnership with Bharti Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Bharti Enterprises, launched Convoke 2021-22. Convoke is a National research Symposium which aims at addressing challenges in imparting education and strengthening its quality with special focus on all teachers, educationists, heads of schools across India.
- Union Law Minister told the Lok Sabha that the Ministry of Home Affairs had no proposal under consideration to scrap Section 124A of IPC that deals with sedition. Bring or attempt to bring hatred or contempt, or attempt to excite disaffection towards the government is called Sedition and it attracts punishment of imprisonment for life or three years
- NEDFI Announces Atmanirbhar Hastshilpkar Scheme for the Artisans under Ministry of Doner. It is to develop the petty artisans of the North Eastern Region. North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (NEDF) is a premier financial institution in the North-Eastern Region with its head office at Dispur, Guwahati
- Union Government is working on a plan to use stubble as a biofuel and manure as part of an effort to deal with stubble burning. Biofuels are hydrocarbon fuel produced from an organic matter
- The UN General Assembly has conferred Observer Status on the International Solar Alliance (ISA). It is a Alliance of more than 122 countries initiated by India with most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn
- NASA launched a new mission named Imaging X-ray Polarimetry Explorer or IXPE.It will study “the most extreme and mysterious objects in the universe – supernova remnants, supermassive black holes, and dozens of other high-energy objects.”
- 10th December celebrated as International Human Rights Day. It is to commemorate the adoption of Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) by United Nations General Assembly. Theme 2021: “EQUALITY – Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights” .