Published on: December 11, 2021
WORLD HUMAN RIGHTS DAY
Doetinchem 10th December celebrated as International Human Rights Day
- Why 10 December – Adoption , in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) by United Nations General Assembly
- The UDHR established a set of common basic values both with regard to the view of human beings and to the relationship between the state and the individual.
- Theme 2021: “EQUALITY – Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights” .
- Objective: To promote equality, peace, justice, freedom and the protection of human dignity. Every individual is entitled to rights irrespective of race, colour, religion, sex, language, or social status.
What are Human Rights:
- Rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, or any other status.
- Include the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education, and many more.