Published on: June 13, 2022
SNIPPETS – 13 June 2022
- Considering the overwhelming response for its Manvantara, a unique initiative for cultivating reading habits and critical outlook among people in general and children in particular, the http://spidercreative.co.uk/tag/ink/ Koppal district administration has announced the second edition: Manvantara 2.
- Karnataka Minister of Energy, Kannada and Culture Sunil Kumar along with British High Commissioner to India Alex Ellis launched an electric vehicle awareness portal called ‘ http://embeecavaliers.com/?page_id=3222 EV Jagruthi’.
- The State-level inauguration of the school weather station project of the Samagra Shiksha was held at Kollam School Kerala
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Biotech Startup expo 2022 at Pragati Maidan.
- The Agriculture Ministry unveiled India’s first Covid-19 vaccine for animals. Developed by: the Hisar-based National Research Centre on Equines, The vaccine name: Ancovax,
- It Protects animals against the Delta and Omicron variants of SARS-CoV-2
- The World Bank cut India’s economic growth forecast for the current fiscal to 7.5% as rising inflation, supply chain disruptions and geopolitical tensions taper recovery.
- Fitch Ratings revised India’s outlook from ‘negative’ to ‘stable’ on, June 10, 2022, citing fading downside risks to medium-term growth thanks to a rapid economic recovery and easing of weaknesses in the financial sector.
- India remained on the US treasury department’s currency “Monitoring List” of major trading partners as Washington placed India along with 11 other major economies that merit close attention to their currency practices and macroeconomic policies.
- Several West Asian nations including Qatar, Kuwait, Iran, Bahrain, Oman, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the UAE as well as the 57-nation Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) took strong exception to the remarks denigrating Islam and the Prophet Muhammed.
- Iran and Venezuela signed a 20-year cooperation plan in Tehran as the two countries, among the world’s top oil producers, grapple with U.S. sanctions that are crippling their exports.
- On the eve of the 12th ministerial conference (MC) of the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva, India said it will pitch for “fair, just and transparent discussions and outcome” at the multilateral body, amid persisting differences between the developing and the developed countries on a broad range of contentious issues.