Published on: February 14, 2022
SNIPPETS – 14 FEBRUARY 2022
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) successfully launched its earth observation satellite EOS-4 and two co-passenger technology demonstrator and scientific satellites from the first launch pad at the country’s only spaceport in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh recently.
- LCA TEJAS to participate in Singapore air show -2022. It is Single engined, light weight, highly agile, multi-role supersonic fighter aircraft
- The Registry Building, a two-storey structure at Chandernagore, West Bengal built in 1875 and a symbol of French settlement of the colonial town, has been awaiting restoration for a long time.
- Prime Minister pays tributes to Maharaja Surajmal on his Jayanti. He was a Hindu Jat ruler of Bharatpur in Rajasthan
- Rahul Bajaj passed away on February 12, 2022. He was known the world over and, of course, in India for being a very successful, ethical, and philanthropic businessman.
- To mark the successful completion of training of 127 Air Force Special Forces Operatives of Garud Force, Maroon Beret Ceremonial Parade was held recently
- Srirama Nagaram, where 108 Vaishnavite shrines have been set up along with the Statue of Equality, was sure to be known as land of devotion and equality which is the corner-stone of our democracy. The President formally inaugurated the 120-kg statue of Sri Ramanujacharya made of gold as part of the Sriramanuja Sahasrabdi Samaroh, marking the 1,000 years of the birth of the saint poet at Muchintal in Telangana.
- Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment launched the Central Sector scheme “SMILE: Support for Marginalised Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise”. This umbrella scheme, designed by Department of Social Justice & Empowerment, is set to provide welfare and rehabilitation to the Transgender community and the people engaged in the act of begging.