Published on: December 15, 2021
SNIPPETS – 15 DECEMBER 2021
- Noted Kannada writer Rajeshwari Tejaswi, wife of renowned literateur late KP Poornachandra Tejaswi passed & The daughter-in-law of Rashtrakavi Kuvempu, Rajeshwari (84)
- The Karnataka Appellate Tribunal (KAT) should try to adjudicate cases filed before it as quickly as possible, especially in matters pertaining to notices against illegal constructions, the High Court of Karnataka has said. KAT is established under K.A.T Acts of 1976, is Common Appellate Authority for the Revenue Department, Department of Co-operation & the Commercial Taxes Department attached to the Revenue Department.
- The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Bill, 2021 was passed by Lok Sabha. Seeks to rectify details of list of Drugs
- Wholesale price inflation spikes in India to a record as food, fuel surge. Wholesale price inflation is measured by Wholesale price Index. WPI measures the changes in the prices of goods sold and traded in bulk by wholesale businesses to other businesses
- The Reserve Bank of India announced a Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) Framework for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), to strengthen applicable supervisory tools. PCA was ontroduced by RBI in 2002 is structured early-intervention mechanism for banks that become undercapitalised due to poor asset quality, or vulnerable due to loss of profitability.
- The Centre has approached the Supreme Court seeking modification of its order directing that all transmission cables in the habitat of the Great Indian Bustard (GIB) be laid underground. It is state animal of Rajastan
- Supreme Court of India permitted the Central Government for double lane widening of the roads for the Char Dham Project. The project aims at providing all weather-connectivity to four holy towns in Uttarakhand- Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath
- PM congratulates Harnaaz Sandhu on being crowned Miss Universe
- The Prime Minister has greeted the people on Gita Jayanti. The day symbolises the birth of Srimad Bhagavad-Gita, the sacred text of the Hindus.
- December 15 marks the death anniversary of the great “unifier of the nation”, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
- India votes against UN draft resolution on climate change. It Aims to link UNSC to climate change