Published on: January 15, 2022
SNIPPETS – 15 JANUARY 2022
- The University of Oxford has appointed Indian-origin academic Professor Soumitra Dutta as the new Dean of its Sad Business School.
- The World Health Organization (WH0) has recommended two drugs, baricitinib and sotrovimab, for treatment of Covid-19.
- The National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi celebrated Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav with Kala Kumbh- artist workshops for painting scrolls measuring approximately 750 metres, representing the tales of valor of unsung heroes of India’s freedom movement.
- Election commission of India issued guidelines regarding attention of all media to the Section 126 of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 that prohibits displaying any election matter by means, inter alia, of television or similar apparatus, during the period of 48 hours before the hour fixed for conclusion of poll in a constituency
- 58th Foundation Day of the Food Corporation of India celebrated recently. It is Statutory body under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Set up in 1965 following the enactment of the Food Corporation Act, 1964
- PM extends best wishes to Indian Army personnel on Army Day
- PM pays tributes to the great Thiruvalluvar on Thiruvalluvar Day. He is Tamil poet, best known as the author of Thirukkural.
- Pakistan launched first-ever National Security Policy based on a citizen-centric framework and focusing more on boosting the country’s flagging economy