Published on: January 18, 2022
SNIPPETS – 18 JANUARY 2022
- Chief Minister of Karnataka said irrigation projects in Karnataka are bogged down by inter-State river water disputes and asked the Centre to “revisit the Inter-State River Water Disputes Act since the law is creating more disputes than resolving them.”
- Union defence ministry has rejected Tableaux proposals of Kerala and West Bengal
- Election commission of India announced postponement of Punjab general elections on account of Guru Ravidas Jayanti. He was a mystic saint and founder of Ravidassia sect of Punjab
- Nepal questions on unilateral construction of roads at Lipulekh. The pass Links the Byans valley of Uttarakhand, India with the Tibet Autonomous Region of China, and forms the last territorial point in Indian territory.
- Hyderabad officially bid as a candidate to host the Formula E World championship exclusively for electric cars, scheduled to be held between November 2022 and February 2023.
- India’s Lakshya Sen secured his maiden Super 500 title by winning “Yonex-Sunrise India Open”
- Narendra Kumar Goenka, took charge of Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) as its new Chairman.
- US passes bill with regards to Rare earth materials monopoly of China.Rare earth materials are group of 17 elements, that Have many similar properties which often cause them to be found together in geologic deposits.