Published on: May 2, 2022
SNIPPETS – 2 MAY 2022
- Karnataka signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Israel–based ISMC Analog Fab Pvt. Ltd. for setting up semiconductor fab plant at a cost of ₹22,900 crore ($3 billion) in the State over the next seven years.
- Ischoolappa, a book to felicitate former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Justice M. Ramakrishna, was released in Bengaluru
- Ujjwala Diwas celebrated to commemorate launching of PM Ujjwala Yojana. It is a scheme providing Free LPG connection to every BPL household
- Union Labour and Employment Ministry is working on a mechanism to process accident insurance claims by unorganised workers registered on the e-Shram portal. It aims to create database of workers of unorganized sector
- 16th Steering Committee meeting of Project Elephant recently held. It is a scheme to protect elephants, their habitat & corridors
- Foundation Day of Gujarat & Maharashtra celebrated
- General Manoj Pande today took over as the new Chief of Army Staff. He succeeded General Manoj Mukund Naravane.
- Recognizing the quality content amalgamated with social awareness, DD Kisan’s ‘Apna Pashu Chikitsak’ has been conferred with Exchange4media News Broadcasting Awards (ENBA) Gold Award in the best campaign category for Social Cause (Hindi).
- May 1 is celebrated as May Day/ International Workers’ Day/ Labour Day in different parts of the world to commemorate the contributions of workers and the historic labour movement. In India, May Day was first celebrated on May 1, 1923, after the Labour Kisan Party of Hindustan initiated and Comrade Singaravelar helmed the celebrations.