Published on: October 2, 2021
SNIPPETS-2 OCTOBER 2021
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has simplified the process for Indians who want to renounce their citizenship. Citizenship act 1955 mentions ways of acquiring and termination of citizenship.
- Prime Minister launched the second phases of the Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban and the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation. The Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0 intends to make India’s cities garbage-free. AMRUT 2.0 aims at ramping up sewage treatment as well as providing 100 per cent water supply coverage to all households.
- Panchayati Raj Ministry launched People’s Plan Campaign 2021- Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas along with the Vibrant Gram Sabha Dashboard.It is a step to improve peoples participation in Panchayat
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) celebrated its Fifth Annual Day. It is insolvency regulatory body established under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
The centre will use Chacha Chaudhary, the popular comic book character, for sensitising children and youths about the cleaning of Ganga and other rivers under National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
- In a move to curb and abate the air pollution levels arising from the Construction and Demolition (C&D) activities in the National Capital Region (NCR), the Commission for Air Quality and Management (CAQM) will periodically review compliance of dust mitigation measures at Construction & Demolition sites in the National Capital Region
- Birth Anniversary of Lal Bahaddur Shastri celebrated
- Canada marked its first ever National Day for Truth and Reconciliation on 1 october to honour the lost children and survivors of the country’s indigenous residential schools, their families and communities.The aim of the holiday is to educate and remind the citizens of the history of indigenous children and remember their suffering. All citizens were encouraged to wear the colour orange to highlight how indigenous children were robbed of their culture and freedoms.
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), under the AYUSH ministry, has developed “Bal Raksha Kit” which is an immunity boosting kit.
- “Nata-Sankirtana” festival was started at the Mandap of Jawaharlal Nehru Manipur Dance Academy (JNMDA), Imphal. In classical Ragas, Nata sankirtana is a hymn of lord Krishna that synthesizes seevral indigenous rhythms. Sankirtana follows a strict code in its performance with rhythms pattern and costumes that are determined by specific rules & regulation. Sankirtana is performed to mark important occasions in person’s life such as from birth to death. UNESCO had recognized Manipur Nata Sankirtana in 2013.
- India’s highest science award called “Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2021” was presented to the 11 scientists on the occasion of 80th foundation day of Council for Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR).