Snippets – 20 August 2022
Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai said the Karnataka government will extend order clomid 50mg a 2% for sportspersons in jobs in all departments. Till now, only Järvenpää police and forest departments were providing 2% quota for sportspersons in the recruitment for jobs.
- The proposed gaur safari in Shivamogga district will soon become a reality as nine gaurs from Mysuru zoo have been safely transported to the new facility in recent days, to facilitate the setting up of one of the new attractions. The Indian Gaur safari is coming up on the outskirts of Shivamogga at Tyavarekoppa where other safaris exist and are very popular.
- Minister in charge of Mysuru district S.T. Somashekar, who is the Minister for Cooperation, announced in Mysuru that the Yeshasvini health insurance scheme will be re-launched on October 2 on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary.The Yeshasvini Co-operative Farmers Health Care Scheme provides cost-effective medical facilities to farmers across the state courtesy cooperative societies registered with the Department of Cooperatives. This scheme targets informal workers in the lower-middle income and middle-income groups. In other words, any peasant in Karnataka can have, provided he or she is a member of any cooperative society.
- Pawar virtually launched the ‘Paalan 1000’ National Campaign and Parenting App at the Early Childhood Development Conclave in Mumbai. ‘Paalan 1000’ focuses on the cognitive development of children in the first two years of their life. The app will provide practical advice to caregivers on what they can do in their everyday routine and will help clear doubts.
- The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences of the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, has launched a Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems.
- The Kerala State government launched the Lucky Bill App to encourage consumers to upload invoices in a bid to curb tax evasion
- Government unveiled the manthan platform to drive collaboration between the industry and research institutes to implement technology-based social impact innovations and solutions in the country.
- The Railways conducted a test run of its longest freight train, Super Vasuki, with 295 loaded wagons carrying over 27,000 tonnes of coal, on August 15, as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- The portal — NIDAAN or the National Integrated Database on Arrested Narco-offenders — has been developed by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).A first-of-its kind database of arrested narcotics offenders has been made operational for use by various central and State prosecution agencies tasked to enforce anti-drugs laws in the country
- The Telangana government has recently launched “Chenetha Bheema”, a life insurance scheme for handloom and powerloom weavers, the first-of-its-kind scheme for the welfare of weavers’ families.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that India has achieved its target of blending 10% sugarcane-extracted ethanol in petrol, ahead of schedule. India is one of the world’s biggest oil importing nationsBlending ethanol with petrol to burn less fossil fuel while running vehicles is called ethanol blending.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on August 16 handed over several indigenously-developed equipment and systems to the Army which includes Future Infantry Soldier as a System (F-INSAS), new generation anti-personnel mine ‘Nipun’, rugged and automatic communication system with enhanced capabilities, upgraded sights system for tanks, advanced thermal imagers and state-of-the art high mobility infantry protected vehicles and assault boats.
- Scotland becomes first country to make period products free for all.
- A law has taken effect in Scotland to ensure period products are available free of charge to anyone who needs them.
- Indian companies are importing significant volumes of petroleum coke from Venezuela for the first time, as the OPEC nation boosts exports not specifically targeted by U.S. sanctions.
The apex body of the sport, FIFA, suspended the country’s top administrative organisation, the All India Football Federation, for “undue influence from third parties”.