Published on: September 21, 2021
SNIPPETS – 21 SEPTEMBER 2021
- Central Sahitya Akademi award for Nataraj Budalu, Srinath Perur from Karnataka. It is a literary honour in India conferred by Sahitya Akademi which is India’s National Academy of Letters.
- Nothern Coalfields Ltd (NCL),a Singrauli based Coal India arm under the Ministry of Coal is all set to start 75 “FulwariCenters” in the Singrauli district of Madhya Pradesh. It is a part of the Company’s sustainable business practices for iitigation of malnutrition in Singrauli District.
- A newly found fossil indicates that otters called Vishnuonyx had travelled as far as Germany. The discovery has been described in the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology.
- India scores 46th rank in the Global Innovation Index 2021. It is released annually by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
- Jedi Mara Junction on Bannerghatta Road is set to get back the cashew trees it is named after. The name Jedi Mara is said to be a colloquial reference to cashew trees that once lined up the intersection. The name was first given to the bus stop.
- The Botanical Survey of India, in its new publication Plant Discoveries 2020 has added 267 new taxa/ species to the country’s flora.Among the new discoveries this year, nine new species of balsam (Impatiens) and one species of wild banana (Musa pradhanii) were discovered from Darjeeling and one species each of wild jamun (Syzygium anamalaianum) from Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu and fern (Selaginella odishana) were recorded from Kandhamal in Odisha.
- Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL) for installing public charging station for electric vehicles in Punjab
- The 6th Edition of SCO Exercise Peaceful Mission : 2021 hosted by Russia started at Orenburg Region of South West Russia today. The aim of the exercise is to foster close relations between SCO Member States and to enhance abilities of the military leaders to command multinational military contingents. An Indian military contingent comprising of an all arms combined force of 200 personnel from Indian Army and Indian Air force is participating in the exercise.