Published on: October 22, 2021
SNIPPETS – 22 OCTOBER 2021
- Election commission issues a statement for enforcement of Model Code of Conduct (MCC) during bye-elections being conducted. They are Guidelines issued regarding conduct of political parties and candidates during election
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) retained Pakistan in the ‘greylist’ .Pakistan is needed to further demonstrate that investigations and prosecutions were being pursued against the senior leadership of UN-designated terror groups, which include the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), al-Qaeda and the Taliban.
- A rise in Dengue cases among children is being noticed in various cities. Dengue fever
- Is Mosquito-borne illness that occurs in tropical and subtropical areas of the world.
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) has achieved success in improving the numbers of Pygmy hogs. This breakthrough is done through captive genetic inbreeding of endangered species
- The excessive rain and the landslides in Uttarakhand, as well as other states such as Kerala, is linked to the changing patterns of monsoon
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has launched – “Innovations for You” an attempt to showcase the success stories of Atal Innovation Mission’s Startups in different domains. These startups have worked to create new, disruptive and innovative products, services, and solutions that can pave a path for a sustainable future.
- Government of India celebrated UDAN day on October 21. Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN) was launched as a Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) under the Ministry of Civil Aviation in October 21 2016 to develop the regional aviation market.