Published on: April 23, 2022
SNIPPETS – 23 APRIL 2022
- The Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) and Hospital has become the first government medical college in the State to successfully conduct live kidney transplant and it is ready to take up cadaver transplant.
- The Supreme Court asked Attorney General for assistance to institutionalise a mechanism by which information crucial to decide whether a person should be condemned to death or not can be gathered and placed on record before trial judges.
- Ajay Kumar Sood, an eminent physicist has been appointed as the central government’s principal scientific advisor
- The Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) gets Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration, 2020 for the ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme. The scheme is Aimed at enabling migrant workers and their family members to buy subsidised ration from any fair price shop anywhere in the country under the National Food Security Act, 2013.
- Recently, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has announced that all 100 smart cities will have Integrated Command and Control Centers (ICCCs), under Smart Cities Mission (SCM)
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) launched the Fincluvation Platform to promote innovative solutions in collaboration with fintech startups to accelerate financial inclusion among the underserved and unserved population
- A long-term people’s campaign to document the worsening tidal flooding in Ernakulam district of Kerala was launched in 14 coastal villages earlier this week
- Defence Minister launched Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) Prime and the sixth Defence India Start-up Challenge (DISC–6) meant to encourage defence start–ups during DefConnect 2.0