Published on: November 23, 2021
SNIPPETS – 23 NOVEMBER 2021
- The Karnataka government is likely to hand over the Sainik school being developed in the name of freedom fighter Sangolli Rayanna at his birthplace in Belgavi district, to the Defence Ministry. Sainik schools are jointly run by state governments and ministry of defence.
- The Chhattisgarh government has formulated draft rules under PESA Act, 1996, terming it the Chhattisgarh Panchayat Provisions (Extension of the Scheduled) Rules, 2021.PESA act was enacted by the Centre to ensure self-governance through gram sabhas (village assemblies) for people living in scheduled areas
- Assam’s forest department is planning to collar at least five elephants in high-conflict habitats in the coming months.
- El Salvador, the only country to recognise Bitcoin as a legal tender, is planning to build an entire city based on the largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin
- Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL) said KIA is the first airport in South Asia to commission the Rosenbauer Firefighting Simulator. The simulator has numerous scenarios to help firefighters prepare for real-life emergencies. Personnel can train in the tactical use of Rosenbauer Panther trucks as well as operate High Reach Extendable Turrets for extreme aircraft fire emergencies.
- President gives away Gallantry awards for 2020. Sapper Prakash Jadhav gets Kirti Chakra posthumously; Group Captain Abhinandan wins Vir Chakra
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) placed in public domain a draft scheme for amalgamation of the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd. (USFB)
- A venom research centre will be established in Bengaluru on the premises of the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) in Helix Biotech Park.
- The Andhra Pradesh Assembly unanimously passed a Bill on Monday to repeal two laws that were cleared last year as part of the YSRCP government’s contentious move to set up three different state capitals instead of proceeding with the previous TDP regime’s plan to develop the current capital of Amaravati.