Published on: April 26, 2022
SNIPPETS – 26 APRIL 2022
- A recent notification by Karnataka government allows Panchayat Development Officers (PDOs) to register marriages
- Karnataka has been elevated from Category II (pre-elimination phase) to Category I (elimination phase) by Union Health Ministry
- Manipal Hospitals, Bengaluru has announced it has received the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) certification after doctors and other healthcare providers at the facility underwent a comprehensive training programme
- Prime Minister inaugurated the seventh edition of Raisina Dialogue on April 25, 2022
- According to a study that analyzed data from the last 19 million years, Seafloor spreading rates have slowed down by roughly 35% globally
- The government of Meghalaya’s Planning Department’s initiative of the “e-Proposal System”- Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture (MeghEA) Project, has won the UN Award – World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum Prizes 2022
- The Tamil Nadu Assembly adopted two Bills that seek to empower the government to appoint Vice-Chancellors (V-Cs) to 13 State universities under the aegis of the Higher Education Department by amending the respective Acts.
- World military spending continued to grow in 2021, reaching a record $2.1 trillion despite the economic fallout of the pandemic, according to new data on global military spending published by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI). The five largest spenders in 2021 were the U.S., China, India, the U.K. and Russia, together accounting for 62% of expenditure. The U.S. and China alone accounted for 52%.
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited celebrates its 52nd Formation Day
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation organized “Yog Prabha”, a mega Yoga event at Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi
- PM inaugurated a community radio station (CRS) named Dudh Vani that is dedicated to animal husbandry
- Urja Pravaha, the Indian Coast Guard Ship (Auxiliary Barge) has been inducted into the Indian Coast Guard at Bharuch, Gujarat