Published on: November 26, 2021
SNIPPETS – 26 NOVEMBER 2021
- Nestlings, a cloud-based AI platform based in the Silicon Valley in California, on Thursday opened its first office outside of the US in Bengaluru.
- The fourth Scorpene class conventional submarine, INS Vela, was commissioned into the Navy
- Constitution Day also known as ‘Samvidhan Divas’ is celebrated in our country on 26th November every year, to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India. It is by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ruling party issued a whip for its members in Rajya Sabha. Whip is appointed by the political party to serve as an assistant floor leader and is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the attendance of his party members in large numbers and securing their support in favour of or against a particular issue.
- 5th Foundation Day function of the Indian Institute of Insolvency Professionals of ICAI (IIIPI) was recently celebrated. It is promoted to enroll and regulate insolvency professionals as its members in accordance with the Insolvency and Bankruptcy code 2016 and read with regulations.
- With the Supreme Court’s three-week deadline looming, the Union Food Ministry on Thursday formed a group of eight State Food Secretaries to create the framework for a community kitchens scheme. The petition referred to Rajasthan’s Annapurna Rasoi, Indira Canteen in Karnataka, Delhi’s Aam Aadmi Canteen, Anna Canteen of Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand Mukhyamantri Dal Bhat in Jharkhand and Odisha’s Ahaar Centre to combat starvation.
- India to release 5 million barrels oil from strategic reserves in coordination with other buyers.
- Birth centenary of Dr. Varghese Kurien (Milk Man of India) is celebrated as National Milk Day
- A shallow and strong earthquake of magnitude 6.1 struck the Myanmar-India border region.
- Interpol elected official from the United Arab Emirates, Maj. Gen. Ahmed Naser al-Raisi as its new president during the international law enforcement body’s annual General Assembly held in Istanbul.