Published on: December 27, 2021
SNIPPETS – 27 DECEMBER 2021
- Sachivalaya Vahini portal of Karnataka government taken down. It will be replaced soon. It was used by legislators to address issues of locals
- BMTC to induct E-Buses and BSVI buses to its fleet
- State government has decided to extend the Raitha Vidya Nidhi scheme for girl students of Classes VIII and IX standard. Launched in August 2021 the scheme suppports the children of farmers in the state for higher education
- Good Governance Index 2021 recently released. The index has been prepared by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- India has imposed anti-dumping duty on Chinese products. Anti-dumping duties are levied on goods that are imported at a substantially low price in the originating or exporting country.
- The increase in post-monsoon rainfall in Karnataka has accentuated the growing concerns that the shifting monsoon patterns being witnessed in recent years is induced by climate change and, in turn, could have a bearing on agriculture and crop output.
- Phishing attacks on central ministry officials get sharper, targeted. It is Phenomenon where the attacker steals sensitive and confidential information from the user.
- As part of deployment undertaken by Indian Navy under Mission SAGAR, Indian Naval Ship Kesari entered Port of Maputo, Mozambique.It is Part of the government’s outreach initiative towards five Island nations in the Indian Ocean amidst the ongoing COVID-19.
- A recent high-level meeting in New Delhi decided to constitute a committee to study the possibility of withdrawing the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) from the State.
- Sail Training Ship INS Sudarshini, was deployed to the Gulf as part of Indian Navy’s endeavour to enhance maritime cooperation with the friendly navies in the region
- South African anti-apartheid icon and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu passed away. He fought to end Racial discrimination in South Africa