Published on: October 28, 2021
SNIPPETS – 28 OCTOBER 2021
- Mysuru Zoo gets orangutans. Orangutans were brought under an animal exchange scheme from Singapore and Malasiya
- Telangana government has red-flagged encroachment of forests by non-tribals, who are indulging in the practice of shifting agriculture which is called PODU.
- SC sets up committee to examine Pegasus allegations. Stressing that the power of the state to snoop in the name of national security into the “sacred private space” of individuals is not absolute, the Supreme Court on Wednesday appointed an expert technical committee overseen by former Supreme Court judge R.V. Raveendran to examine allegations on Centre
- India successfully test-fired surface-to-surface ballistic missile Agni-5.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind paid homage to Shri K.R. Narayanan, former President of India
- World Occupational Therapy Day is annually observed across the globe on October 27th to create awareness about occupational therapists and the global impact of occupational therapy. On this day NIMHANS announced introduction of adaptive clothing .Adaptive clothing is designed to meet the needs of individuals with cognitive, physical and sensory disabilities.
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have developed a low-cost and effective method to detect adulterants in milk. Their method analyses deposition patterns after evaporation.
- The Delhi Cabinet has decided to add Ayodhya to the list of pilgrimage sites under the ‘Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojna’.The scheme, which facilitates free pilgrimage for senior citizens residing in the Capital, had been halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It would recommence within a month
- NITI Aayog has approved a proposal to conduct a study on the use of facial recognition technology in India.
- The 75th Infantry Day to commemorate the contributions of Infantry, the largest fighting arm of the Indian Army was celebrated on 27 October 2021. This day has a unique significance for the Nation, as it was on this day in 1947 that Infantrymen from Indian Army, led by 1 SIKH, landed at Srinagar Airfield and saved the State of J&K from a ruthless and treacherous Pakistani invasion. The Infantry since time immemorial has displayed fortitude, indomitable resoluteness and dogged determination all through its chequered history. The fighting spirit of Indian Army’s versatile ‘Infantry’ has always been appreciated by all over the world.