WORLD OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY DAY
http://yesand.co.uk/ What is in news : World Occupational Therapy Day is annually observed across the globe on October 27th
http://nitetrainband.com/?add-to-cart=491 Why : Create awareness about occupational therapists and the global impact of occupational therapy.
- The World Occupational Therapy Day is annually organised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists(WFOT),
- World Occupational Therapy Day was first launched on 27th October 2010.
- The theme of World Occupational Therapy Day 2021 is “Belong. Be You” which promotes the power of diversity and inclusion as we work together to build community and resilience.
What is Occupational therapy :
- Occupational therapy is concerned with promoting health and well-being through occupation.
- Occupational therapy aims to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life.
- In occupational therapy, the term occupation refers to the everyday activities that people do as individuals, in families and with communities to occupy time and bring meaning and purpose to life.
EVENTS IN INDIA
- NIMHANS announces introduction of adaptive clothing
- Adaptive clothing is designed to meet the needs of individuals with cognitive, physical and sensory disabilities.