Published on: October 4, 2023
Snippets : 3 OCTOBER 2023
- Kappe Raaga, a first-of-its musical video that introduces ‘Kumbara’, the night frog, has won the prestigious Jackson Wild Award in the “Best Animal Behaviour – Short Form Category.”
- Mysuru-based Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL) has innovated eco-friendly biodegradable water bottles. The sustainable polylactic acid-based bottles help to lower the overall carbon footprint and are compostable
- Shivakant Bajpai, who served as the Superintending Archaeologist of ASI Bengaluru circle, was conferred the Dr. Vishnu Sridhar Wakankar National Award for 2021-22. The award, includes a citation, a plaque and cash, was conferred recently by the Madhya Pradesh government in recognition of his works in archaeology and conservation for the last 25 years.
- WWF-India’s Karnataka State Office, in collaboration with South Western Railway, is hosting an innovative initiative at the KSR Railway Station. This venture aims to shed light on the critical issue of plastic pollution and educate railway station visitors on the importance of reducing plastic consumption.
- The Mysuru Division of the South Western Railways on October 1 launched the “14 Minutes Miracle’’ initiative entailing cleaning of the Vande Bharat train in less than 14 minutes. This innovative cleaning process by the Indian Railways was implemented for the Chennai-Mysuru-Chennai 16-coach Vande Bharat
- Indonesia is set to launch Southeast Asia’s first high-speed railway. The Chinese-made bullet train named “Whoosh” is built to take more than 600 people to and from Jakarta and the Javan city of Bandung in 45 minutes and is part of China’s Belt and Road infrastructure initiative comprising multiple countries in Asia.
- Aditi Ashok became the first Indian woman to win a golf medal at the Asian Games. This was India’s seventh medal in the sport at the continental event. India’s Aditi Ashok won the women’s individual golf silver medal at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou
- Department of Telecommunications (DOT) in collaboration with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) will be conducting comprehensive testing of the Cell Broadcast Alert System. This initiative aims to bolster emergency communication during disasters and prioritize the safety and well-being of our esteemed citizens.
- The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on October 2, on every year.
- Union Minister of Home affairs Nityanand Rai participated in UN convention against transnational organized crime ministerial conference at Palermo in Italy
- Prime Minister launched week-long ‘Sankalp Saptaah’ at Bharat Mandapam for aspirational blocks
- The 2023 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize will be awarded to Ruixiang Zhang of the University of California, Berkeley
- Tripura launched an e-cabinet system at Agartala. It is the fourth state and second in the Northeast after Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh, to have an e-cabinet system.
- Chinese researchers have discovered a new pangolin species based on genomic data collected from pangolin scales.
- NABRAD raised funds through India’s first social impact bond
- ‘CRIIIO 4 GOOD’ is a series of 8 cricket-based animation films to promote gender parity, equip girls with life skills and encourage their participation in sports.
- Southeastern division of Bengaluru police have adopted e-office