Published on: April 5, 2022
SNIPPETS – 4-5 APRIL 2022
- Karnataka distribution companies (discoms) have become the top seller of renewable energy under the Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) at Indian Energy Exchange Ltd. (IEX).
- ‘Tatkal services’ proposed to be brought under Sakala Mission. TATKAL is Ticketing program established by Indian Railways. Sakala is Citizen friendly governance with time bound service guarantee
- Cricketer Karun Nair, table tennis player Anargya Manjunath and hockey player Pradhan Somanna were among 15 athletes chosen for the Karnataka Government’s Ekalavya Award for 2020.
- Unemployment rate in the country is decreasing with the economy slowly returning to normal, according to Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy’s data
- First cases of Fournier’s gangrene reported in India. It is infection of the genitals and area around the genitals among Type 2 diabetes patients
- Google Pay has recently launched a new feature in India, ‘Tap to pay for UPI’, in collaboration with Pine Labs. The feature makes use of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. NFC is Short-range wireless connectivity technology
- Shree Mandira Parikrama Project (SMPP) of Odisha government has already run into a controversy. It is a beautification project of Jagannath temple in Odisha
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting’s Broadcast Seva Portal. It is single-point facility to the various applicants and stakeholders who will be applying for various permissions, registrations, and licences
- The 20th edition of the bilateral naval exercise that is named ‘Varuna’ is being conducted by India and France
- Surat, Gujarat is the first Indian city to get a road built from processed steel slag (industrial waste)
- The Union government has appointed Ambassador to Nepal Vinay Mohan Kwatra as the next Foreign Secretary.
- Arooj Aftab is the “first ever female Pakistani GRAMMY winner”, the Academy posted on its official Instagram page
- Viktor Orban has again been elected as the Prime Minister of Hungary
- Annually, on 2nd April, World Autism Awareness Day is celebrated across the world to spread awareness about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). It is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects the social interaction and communication skills of a person.
- March Madness is most commonly used in respect of the men’s basketball tournament, a single-elimination competition among 68 teams that takes place over seven rounds.
- India and Australia signed an Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (ECTA) recently