Published on: November 5, 2021
SNIPPETS – 5 NOVEMBER 2021
- Chief Minister of Karnataka launched JANASEVAKA SCHEME. It aims to provide services to citizens of Bengaluru at their doorstep. For grievance redressal, janaspandana website was also launched.
- Murugha Mutt of Chitradurga to award Basava prashasti to Puneeth Rajkumar posthumously. It is awarded for upholding the values of Guru Basaveshwara
- A district autonomous council in Meghalaya, which If implemented, the proposed Bill called Khasi Inheritance of Property Bill, 2021 would modify an age-old customary practice of inheritance of the matrilineal Khasi tribe.
- The central government is preparing to give a fresh push to the establishment of an All India Judicial Service (AIJS) on the lines of the central civil services. Under the system, In the same way that the Union Public Service Commission conducts a central recruitment process and assigns successful candidates to cadres, judges of the lower judiciary are proposed to be recruited centrally and assigned to states.
- Flipkart, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Rural Development of the Government of India (MoRD), for their ambitious Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) program, to help empower local businesses and self-help groups (SHGs) – especially those that are led by women – by bringing them into the e-commerce fold.
- India did not sign the Glasgow Leaders’ Declaration on Forests and Land Use. The declaration proposed by United Kingdom aims to halt deforestation by 2030
- The leopard (Panthera pardus) faces an 83% increased risk of extinction in North India due to roadkill, according to a new international study that quantifies the threat posed by roads to the survival of animal populations around the world.
- Initiative called IRIS or Infrastructure for Resilient Island States, was formally launched by Prime Minister recently. It is a “Data Window” for small island nations, generating and disseminating satellite data that will help these countries to strengthen their fences against climate disasters created By – ISRO
- National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur celebrates National Ayurveda Day 2021. It is celebrated on eve of Dhanvantri Jayanti.
- North Karnataka’s first dedicated domestic air cargo terminal started operations at Hubballi Airport recently
- Chief Minister of Delhi on Wednesday announced ‘Dilli Bazaar’, an e-marketplace, where every small and big entrepreneur from the Capital will have their own e-commerce store.
- Home Minister of India launched Ayushmaan CAPF scheme for the personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and their families. Under the scheme,CAPF personnel and their families will be able to avail cashless in-patient and out-patient healthcare facilities at all hospitals empanelled under Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY or the Central Government Health Scheme.
- An ancient idol of Goddess Annapurna, brought back to India after over a century from Canada, would begin an over 800 km journey from Delhi on November 11 for its original location — the Kashi Vishwanath temple in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India organized a Stakeholder Forum on the theme ‘Industry and One Health’ to celebrate the 6thInternational One Health Day today as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. The day aims to highlight interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary engagements as well as multisectoral collaboration as aspects crucial to the implementation of the One Health concept.
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA), a PSU under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) today launched a ‘Whistle-blower Portal’, as a part of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week 2021’.