Published on: March 7, 2022
SNIPPETS – 7 MARCH 2022
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System to ensure flow of equal quantity of water into the canals to ensure proper irrigation in dependent fields to be extended to other parts of the country. It is at present in place at canal gates of projects under Krishna Bhagya Jal Nigam Limited (KBJNL)
- Foundation stone for the Cosmology Education and Research Training Centre called “COSMOS”, featuring a high-tech planetarium, on the University of Mysore’s Sri Jayachamaraja Wadiyar campus was recently unveiled. Hosts India’s first planetarium with Digistar 7 system
- India celebrated 7 March as ‘Janaushadhi Diwas’. Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana was launched on this day
- Hatchlings of the critically endangered Olive Ridley Sea Turtles rescued at Ankola
- Preliminary findings of a study by the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) suggest that the density of tigers in the Sunderbans may have reached the carrying capacity of the mangrove forests, leading to frequent dispersals and a surge in human-wildlife conflict
- HANSA-NG has completed sea-level trials in Puducherry. It is First-of-its-kind indigenous aircraft trainer developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR-NAL)
- The Indian Navy successfully demonstrated the accuracy of an extended-range land attack Brahmos supersonic cruise missile from the stealth destroyer INS Chennai.
- 4th March is observed as National Safety Day. This day aims to raise awareness regarding all safety protocols which includes workplaces, on-roads, the environment, and health. On March 4, 1966, the National Safety Council was established. Theme 2022 – “Nurture young minds – develop a safety culture”
- India celebrates National Security Day on March 4th. It is also known as Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas, and it honors the security forces of India. The aim of the day is to express gratitude to the nation’s security forces, which include paramilitary, military, police officers, commandos, guards, and India’s security forces, as well as those who help in maintaining the security and peace of the country.
- Sambhav’ and ‘Svavlamban’ initiatives were launched by Indian government at the International Summit on Plastics Recycling and Waste Management. These initiatives aim to encourage young entrepreneurs, especially from the aspirational districts of India.
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has included United Arab Emirates (UAE) in its grey list.