Published on: October 8, 2021
SNIPPETS – 8 OCTOBER 2021
- Anshu Malik has become the first Indian woman wrestler to reach the final of 2021 World Wrestling Championships.
- Union Cabinet has given its approval, to set up seven PM MITRA parks, accomplishing the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to establish Atmanirbhar Bharat. It stands for “Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel” park. It will benefit unemployed with seven lakh direct jobs as well as 14 lakh indirect jobs.
- The heaviest semi-cryogenic propellant tank (SC120-LOX) ever fabricated by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has been delivered to the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro).
- Researchers at the Central University of Kerala (CUK) have found that domestication of sheep had taken place in the Indian subcontinent, especially in Indus Valley civilisation regions in the 6th or 7th millennium BC.
- Ministry of culture to provide financial push to Buddhist circuit. Buddhist Circuit was announced in 2016, Under the Ministry of Tourism’s flagship Swadesh Darshan scheme.Sites – Bodh Gaya, Nalanda, Rajgir, Viashali, Sarnath, Shravasti, Kushinagar, Kaushambi, Sankisa and Kapilavastu.
- Tanzanian novelist Abdulrazak Gurnah, 72, won the 2021 Nobel Prize in Literature “for his uncompromising and compassionate penetration of the effects of colonialism and the fate of the refugee”