Published on: March 10, 2023
Snippets:10 MARCH 2023
- Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai launched the “Sthree Samarthya Namo Sthree” scheme by directly transferring 100 crore to the beneficiary women self-help groups on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- The World Transplant Games, organised by the World Transplant Games Federation, are aimed at raising public awareness on the benefits of organ donation at Perth in Australia.
- The Karnataka State Cabinet has decided to grant 2,000 sq.ft land to Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) for establishing towers and providing internet connectivity in remote villages of Karnataka under the ‘4G Saturation Project’ of the Centre.
- An agreement was signed between the Assam Tourism Development Corporation and the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation for the cross-promotion of tourism to showcase Assam as an ideal destination for filming, apart from leisure, adventure and wildlife.
- “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” is an innovative programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology for attraction of talent to Science. The basic objective of INSPIRE is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitements of creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R & D base. A striking feature of the programme is that it does not believe in conducting competitive exams for identification of talent at any level.
- The fourth Y20 consultation meeting will be held in Pune at the Symbiosis International University (SIU), Lavale in collaboration with Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India
- India Bags Golden & Silver Star at The International ‘Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2023 at ITB, Berlin 2023
- India Day Celebrations At PDAC-2023 In Toronto
- Two-day ‘Millet Fair cum Exhibition’ organised in Madurai, Tamil Nadu.