Published on: October 14, 2023
Snippets:10 OCTOBER 2023
- Senior journalist, writer and translator G.N. Ranganatha Rao, passed away in Bengaluru. His pen name is “Navaranga”. He translated the works of William Shakespeare, Khalil Gibran, D.H. Lawrence, Franz Kafka and O. Henry into Kannada. He recently translated multiple works of city-based historian Ramachandra Guha into Kannada.
- Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) has established South Asia’s first aircraft recovery training school (ARTS) on the premises of the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in the city. This institution is entirely dedicated to providing hands-on training for aircraft recovery and is equipped with state-of-the-art disabled aircraft recovery equipment (DARE).
- India and Saudi Arabia sign MoU in Electrical Interconnections, Green / Clean Hydrogen and Supply Chains
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India launched the ‘A-HELP’ programme at Jharkhand
- National e-Governance Division, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, launched State Capacity Building Workshops Under Digital India programme. The aim of these workshops is to demystify the potential of Emerging technologies in improving service delivery and how to shape the policies and strategies to accommodate new digital landscapes.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Small Farmers Agri-Business Association and CSC jointly organized FPO Mela in Delhi Haat to showcase FPO products and promote farmer empowerment
- Karmayogi Bharat, in partnership with Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), launched 12 courses designed to bridge competency gaps and are tailored to needs, and aspirations of officials. The courses will enable a fundamental shift from rule-based to role-based training.
- The Annual Joint HADR Exercise (AJHE) is an outcome of Hon’ble PM’s directive promulgated during Combined Commanders’ Conference-2015. The exercise has been conducted by Indian Army, Indian Navy (IN) and Indian Air Force (IAF) in rotation since 2016. The last edition of the exercise was conducted at Agra by IAF. The 2023 edition of the exercise is being hosted by the Indian Navy at Goa.
- October 10 is marked annually as World Mental Health Day. Theme 2023 is “Mental Health is a Universal Human Right ”
- Sri Lanka to take over as Chair of Indian Ocean Rim Association
- Scientists recently discovered a new continent that had been missing from knowledge for 375 years called Zealandia