Published on: March 18, 2023
Snippets:17 MARCH 2023
- Eric Garcetti set to be U.S. Ambassador to India
- Dhanya Rajendran, co-founder and editor-in-chief of The News Minute portal, has been declared the winner of the Chameli Devi Jain Award for Outstanding Woman Mediaperson for 2022,
- The ‘Basic Animal Husbandry Statistics,’ prepared by the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying after an integrated sample survey, has shown an increase in milk, eggs and meat production in the country. The top five meat-producing States are Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal , Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- With $230-bn funds, South Korea to build ‘world’s largest’ chip centre mostly from Samsung Electronics. The plan is part of the government’s drive to invest heavily in six key technologies, including chips, displays and batteries, all areas where the country’s tech giants are well-established already.
- The doctor who exposed China’s cover-up of the SARS epidemic in 2003 Jiang Yanyong, then a doctor in a Beijing military hospital, angered officials when he informed foreign media of attempts to downplay the outbreak of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, revealing the existence of hundreds of earlier cases.
- Russia races to retrieve drone wreckage from Black Sea as U.S. vows to ‘protect our equities’
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das Named ‘Governor Of The Year’ At Central Banking Awards 2023
- Prime Minister to address Matua Dharma Maha Mela in West Bengal to mark 211th birth anniversary of Shree Shree Harichand Thakur
- The Indian Navy’s P8I aircraft will participate in Sea Dragon 23, the third edition of the coordinated multilateral anti-submarine warfare (ASW) exercise for long-range maritime reconnaissance aircraft hosted by US navy
- EXERCISE LA PEROUSE – 2023 biennial exercise is conducted by the French Navy. The third edition of the multilateral exercise La Perouse is scheduled to be conducted in the Indian Ocean Region . This edition will witness participation of personnel, ships and integral helicopters of Royal Australian Navy, French Navy, Indian Navy, Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force, Royal Navy and the United States Navy.