Published on: January 28, 2022
SNIPPETS – 28 JANUARY 2022
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India,in partnership with Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and Agence Française de Développement (AFD)today launched the Swachhata Start-Up Challenge to provide an impetus to innovative start-ups to come forward and drive catalytic transformation in the sanitation and waste management sector.
- PM condoles demise of noted Kathakali dancer Ms. Milena Salvini
- Philippines to buy BrahMos missile system from India for $375 million
- Karnataka Bank has launched mobile banking facility to its NRI customers through its existing mobile banking application ‘KBL MobilePlus’ app.
- The country’s first woman Rafale fighter jet pilot Shivangi Singh was part of the Indian Air Force tableau at the Republic Day parade on Wednesday. She is only the second woman fighter jet pilot to be part of the IAF tableau.Last year, Flight Lieutenant Bhawna Kanth became the first female fighter jet pilot to be part of the IAF tableau.
- PM condoles the demise of eminent archaeologist Thiru R. Nagaswamy
- As per Green Peace India report, Bengaluru City’s air pollution exceeds WHO guidelines.
- Abdul Khader Nadakattin, a serial grassroots innovator from Dharwad, Karnataka, is amongst the 107 Padma Shri awardees announced for the year 2022 in the Others (Grassroots Innovation) category.
- More than 400 convicts lodged in Delhi’s three jails are set to have their sentences remitted or reduced for showing good conduct during incarceration. Granting remission is a discretionary power of the State government under Section 432 of CrPC where it can at any time suspend the execution of the convict’s sentence or remit the punishment.
- CVC modifies criteria for nomination of Independent External Monitors. Integrity Pact is a vigilance tool that envisages an agreement between the prospective vendors/bidders and the buyer, committing both the parties not to exercise any corrupt influence on any aspect of the contract.
- A nematode infestation has led to mass mortality of spot-billed pelicans (Pelicanus philippensis) at Telineelapuram Important Bird Area (IBA) in Andhra Pradesh.
- Decommissioned INS Khukri to be converted into museum. The Navy vessel handed over to Diu administration
- Prime Minister of India hosted the first meeting of the India-Central Asia Summit virtually. Who participated – Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyz republic
- EU launches WTO case against China for ‘targeting’ Lithuania.