Published on: October 12, 2021
SNIPPPETS – 12 OCTOBER 2021
- To equip students pursuing higher education courses in Karnataka with industry-aligned skills, the state government announced its official collaboration with the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM). This partnership is expected to benefit more than 5 lakh students (studying in government and private institutions) every year. NASSCOM is non-profit global trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) has put the city on yellow alert with the forecast indicating that Bengaluru and several other parts of the state are likely to witness heavy rains over the next few days.
- Rajasthan’s marriage registration Bill passed last month by the Rajasthan Assembly, which amended a 2009 law on mandatory registration of marriages, including child marriages, has been embroiled in controversy. It has been criticized for registration of child marriage
- Aviation venture SNV Aviation, which is planning an airline under the Akasa brand, has received a no-objection certificate from the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences awarded the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2021 — often incorrectly referred to as the Nobel Prize in Economics — to three US-based economists.