Published on: October 13, 2021
What is in news : Mahiti Kanaja, a web portal providing government information, now has 160 services and 50 departments in its fold.
- Launched in 2020
- Single window unified web portal
- Empowers citizens to know how public funds are being spent for the overall development of the State and its people
- Web disclosure portal that enables the Government of Karnataka to comply with the Right to Information Act
- Enables each and every citizen the right to know details of how Government Departments are utilizing public funds and discloses details of beneficiaries and expenditure
- The Government believes that once citizens are vigilant and aware about public spending, they will ensure that decisions regarding the use of public funds at the Village, Block, District and State level are more efficient and appropriate.