Published on: October 7, 2021
SNIPPPETS – 7 OCTOBER 2021
- Ministry of road, transport & highways launched a scheme for “Good Samaritans”. A person helping a accident victim during golden hour would be awarded with cash rewards of 5000.
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI), the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) has completed the target of opening of 8,300 Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) for the FY 2021-22 before end of September, 2021. The scheme was launched to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses through special kendra’s known as Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
- Uttar Pradesh is the largest emitter of PM2.5, the class of particulate matter considered most harmful to health, according to an analysis by the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW).
- National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) approved the Chhattisgarh government’s proposal to declare the combined areas of the Guru Ghasidas National Park and Tamor Pingla Wildlife Sanctuary as a Tiger Reserve.
- World Health Organization (WHO) on Wednesday endorsed the first anti-malarial vaccine use of the RTS,S/AS01 (RTS,S) among children in sub-Saharan Africa and in other regions with moderate to high P. falciparum malaria transmission.
- RTS,S, known by its trade name Mosquirix, uses antibodies to target proteins presented by sporozoites (such as the circumsporozoite protein of falciparum)to enhance the immune system and help prevent the parasite from infecting the liver.
- Germany’s Benjamin List and U.S.-based David MacMillan on Wednesday won the Nobel Chemistry Prize for developing a tool to build molecules which has helped make chemistry more environmentally friendly.
- The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday announced the constitution of a welfare board for non-resident Tamils under the Tamil Nadu Non-Resident Tamils’ Welfare Act, 2011.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has expressed deep grief over the demise of actors Shri Ghanashyam Nayak and Shri Arvind Trivedi.