Why in news?
The ISRO has signed an MoU with Social Alpha, a multistage innovation curationand venture development platform for science and technology start-ups, to launch SpaceTech Innovation Network (SpIN)
- SpIN is India’s first dedicated platform for innovation, curation, and venture development for the burgeoning space entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- This tie-up is a one-of-a-kind public-private collaboration for start-ups and SMEs in the space industry.
What are its primary focus?
SpIN will primarily focus on facilitating space tech entrepreneurs in three distinct innovation categories:
- Geospatial Technologies and Downstream Applications
- Enabling Technologies for Space & Mobility
- Aerospace Materials, Sensors, and Avionics.
How does this partnership helps?
- Innovative technologies are expected to bring a paradigm shift in utilising the space applications to maximise the economic, social, and environmental benefits for the larger society
- This platform would create a level playing field for various stakeholders to collaborate and contribute to the space ecosystem in the country
- Helps through the goal of bringing breakthrough innovations to the social sector with applications across climate, health, and livelihoods, and this partnership with ISRO will significantly strengthen our ability to create impact
How it can helps in innovation break through ?
- The selected start-ups and innovators will be able to access both Social Alpha’s and ISRO’s infrastructure and resources as per the prevailing guidelines.
Early-stage start-ups for developing solutions in areas of maritime and land transportation, urbanisation, mapping, and surveying, disaster management, food security, sustainable agriculture, environmental monitoring, and natural resources management, among others are encouraged