http://nghomes.com/2021/05/31/how-to-crypto-day-trade National Mathematics Day is observed every year on December 22 to celebrate the life and work of Srinivasa Ramanujan, a great mathematician who was born on this day in 1887.
- Born on December 22, 1887
- In city of Erode (now in Tamil Nadu)
- Known as ‘The Man who knew infinity’
- Able to solve algebra and trigonometric problems that his fellow mates found difficult to crack.
- Won a scholarship to study at Kumbakonam’s Government Arts College
- Started working as a clerk in Madras Port Trust
- Elected to the London Mathematical Society and in 1918 he was elected as a fellow to the prestigious Royal Society for the research done by him on Elliptic Functions and the theory of numbers.
- First Indian to be elected a fellow of Trinity College.
- Was invited to Cambridge University for his statements on the 120 mathematics theorems on the continued fractions, infinite series, number theory, and improper integrals.
- Compiled more than 3,000 mathematical equations and results
- Returned to the country in 1919 and passed away due to Tuberculosis in 1920.
- First Indian to be elected a fellow at Trinity College, Cambridge University.