Published on: December 22, 2021
SNIPPETS – 22 DECEMBER 2021
- The BBMP, which has resumed repairing broken roads after a long gap, plans to use the micro-surfacing technology to improve the motorability of six stretches. The new method of road repair, touted to provide a smooth road surface, involves a mixture of just three to six millimetres of bitumen aggregate along with asphalt emulsion.
- Government of Karnataka would increase the compensation for crop loss in dry land from ₹6,800 to ₹13,500 per hectare while the compensation for irrigated crops would go up from ₹13,600 to ₹25,000 per hectare.The compensation for horticultural crops would increase from ₹18,000 to ₹28,000 per hectare.
- Karnataka government to convince Centre on ST tag for Kaadu Gollas. It is as per Article 340
- BMTC started VANITA SANGATI programme. It is a scheme by state government to issue Free bus pass for garment workers
- The State Human Rights Commission on Tuesday recommended that the Tamil Nadu government pay a compensation of ₹5 lakh each to 15 victims in a case relating to the alleged rape of four women by policemen of Tirukoilur station in November 2011.
- The Election Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2021 was recently passed in Union Legislature. The main aim of the bill – Enables the linking of electoral roll data with the Aadhaar ecosystem. It is not compulsory or mandatory
- Chillai Kalan, harshest 40 days of winter begins in Kashmir
- Albino Indian Flapshell turtle was recently spotted in Sirnapalli forest in Telangana. It is a subset of Flapshell turtle with genetic disorder
- National Mathematics Day is observed every year on December 22 to celebrate the life and work of Srinivasa Ramanujan, a great mathematician who was born on this day in 1887.
- Raksha Mantri witnessed a Multi-Agency Exercise (MAE) and inaugurated an equipment display of PANEX-21, a Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise for BIMSTEC member nations, organised at College of Military Engineering in Pune, Maharashtra
- Taking the Prime Minister Modi’s unique school visit campaign ahead, Indian wrestler and Tokyo Olympics Bronze Medallist Bajrang Punia will visit Haryana’s Aarohi Model School in Panipat on December 23rd and meet the young students to talk about the importance of Santulit Aahaar (Balanced Diet), Fitness and Sports.The special school campaign is jointly being organized by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and was started by Neeraj Chopra