Published on: February 27, 2023
Why in news? Siang Unying Festival is an important festival of the Adi community at Boleng ,Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Adi tribes celebrate a number of festivals, but Unying Aaran is the prime festival for them.
- Unying Aran is one of the oldest festivals of the Adi community commemorating the arrival of spring season.
- This festival is basically a hunting festival followed by the Adi tribesmen. It is the first festival of the Adi ‘new year’.
- The majority of Adi traditionally follow the tribal Donyi-Polo religion.
- It is traditionally celebrated with ‘Bari’ songs sung by male elders and ‘Yakjong’ dance performed by youths (boys and girls) in villages. Through these performances, they narrate stories of the origin of the festival