Published on: November 20, 2021
http://nitetrainband.com/?__fluent_form_embded_post_id=179 Bengaluru has reported fewer cases of Vector Borne diseases like dengue and chikungunya this year compared to last year
- What are Vectors – Organisms that can transmit infectious diseases between humans or from animals to humans
- Examples of Vectors – Mosquitoes, ticks, flies, sandflies, fleas, triatomine bugs ,some freshwater aquatic snails.
- Vector-borne diseases – Human illnesses caused by parasites, viruses and bacteria that are transmitted by vectors.
FACTORS LEADING TO INCREASE
- Global travel and trade, unplanned urbanization and environmental challenges such as climate change
- Changes in agricultural practices due to variation in temperature and rainfall
- The growth of urban slums, lacking reliable piped water or adequate solid waste management, can render large populations in towns and cities