Published on: November 21, 2022
Why in news?
India’s first private rocket- Vikram-S lifts of from ISRO spaceport
- It is a family of small-lift launch vehicles being developed by Skyroot Aerospace, an Indian start up aerospace company.
- Performed by the name of mission Prarambh
- Launch site: Satish Dhawan Space Centre
- It is a single-stage solid fuelled, sub-orbital rocket developed over two years by incorporating advanced technologies including carbon composite structures and 3D-printed components
- Equipped with a gross lift of mass of 545kg, and payload mass of 80 kg
- It will be carried with it three customer payloads, which will map the measurement and validation of certain fight parameters and payload integration processes.
- This was a technology demonstration fight to showcase the capabilities of the company.
- The rocket will help validate the technologies that will be used in the subsequent Vikram-1 orbital vehicle of Sky root
Sky root Aerospace Private Limited
- Indian private aerospace manufacturer and commercial launch service provider
- Founder : Pawan Kumar Chandana and Naga Bharath Daka
- It aims to develop and launch its own series of small lift launch vehicles especially crafted for the small satellite market.
- National Start-up Awards 2020 were declared by government
- First Indian start up to formally enter into an agreement with ISRO for using its assets since new policy decision of the Government