Published on: March 18, 2023
Why in news? A unique museum that narrates the history of 128 years of water supply to Bengaluru was inaugurated.
- Dedicated museum set up at a cost of 6.81 crore on the premises of BWSSB (18th cross Malleswaram)
- The museum had been launched on the birthday of late Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar keeping in mind his love for nature and the environment.
- ‘Malleswaram International Centre’ will also be set up at a cost of Rs20 crore funded by BBMP on the lines of ‘India Habitat Centre’ in New Delhi and the required land will be provided by the BWSSB.
What is the museum all about ?
- The history of water supply to the city of Bengaluru has been recreated in the museum.
- Museum will assist in creating awareness about water management among students, farmers, engineers, and the general public.
- It will demonstrates the scenario regarding water maintenance before the formation of BWSSB and also showcases models of several projects executed in the direction of betterment of water maintenance after the formation of BWSSB.
- It has plans to conduct brainstorming sessions about minimising water usage and easy measures to save water.
- Aims to serve as a dynamic media of effective communication in popularising the scientific utilisation and management of water resources.