WORLD STANDARDS DAY
What is in news : World Standards Day is observed on 14 October annually
- Spread awareness about the importance of standardisation to the global economy among regulators, consumers and the industry.
- Honours the contributions of organisations such as the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA), International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and the ISO
Other Details :
- Celebrated by International Organisation for Standardisation
- Date was chosen as 14 October to commemorate the first meeting of delegates from 25 countries on 14 October 1946 in London, who decided to design a global organisation for facilitating standardisation
- The theme for this year’s World Standards Day is “Standards for sustainable development goals – shared vision for a better world”.
In India: On the occasion of World Standards Day, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) organized events on the theme of ‘Shared Vision for a Better World’ Standards for Sustainable Development Goals